Okay, I am going to be honest, I have a problem; I am a baby hog. Like, if you put a baby in my arms, chances are I will not share them with anyone. Cuddling them is my favorite, and with my older two, that intuition was the strongest. I ended up bringing both of them into my bed at night to nurse them and because I wanted them close. That also meant I became a really light sleeper and would wake up constantly making sure they were still breathing. ALSO, aside from that being super dangerous, it also created a sleep association that they are STILL trying to break.
When nesting for our 3rd baby, finding a solution that would keep her safe, allow snuggles, AND set her up for successful sleep habits was most important for us.
October is National SIDS awareness month. If you haven’t checked out the recording of our webinar all about Safe Sleep and SIDS Prevention, you can check it out here! One of the products we referred to during the webinar was the babybay® Bedside Sleeper. After months of research, I reached out to the company, fell in love, and immediately wanted to spread the word about this amazing company and product to my friends, family, and you!
We committed and finally purchased the babybay® Bedside Sleeper while nesting for this baby girl because we were sure it was the right fir. It would provide a safe, separate sleeping space, it would allow me to safely “co-sleep” with my baby, encourage me to breastfeed, and best of all it would transition into a regular crib!
It has now officially been 7 weeks since we brought our sweet little Maisy home, and we can say with all our hearts that we are so in love with our babybay® Bedside Sleeper for these simple 5 reasons:
1. The safety. After brining Maisy home, we expected our routine to be a little rocked, but what we didn’t expect was the MAJOR sleep regression our older two kids had = Tommy + Luna (crazy sleepers) in our bed too! It was exactly what I was afraid of. Luckily, we didn’t have to worry about Maisy. She was safe in her bedside sleeper without the risk of having one of us roll on top of her or being smothered or suffocated by pillows or blankets. The organic mattress is truly soft, comfortable, and their cooling jersey sheets are the comfiest!
2. The simplicity. There is not much more to the bedside sleeper than what meets the eye. There are no tricks, no batteries, no special attachments, just the crib, the memory foam mattress, and the crib sheets. If we didn’t have our 5 and 3-year-old insist on helping us with assembly, it would have probably taken less than 10 minutes to put together! So much easier than our crib from Pottery Barn. Not to mention the small size that allows it to fit perfectly right next to our bed with space for me to maneuver around it.
3. The convenience. Our little Maisy is certainly one of the chubbiest and healthiest of our babies. She nurses like a champ, and by that, I mean VERY frequently. Knowing how healthy it is for babies to wake throughout the night, I really wanted to get her used to her Bedside Sleeper so that after nursing I could lie her down with my arm gently draped over her and we could BOTH get our much-needed sleep. She is literally positioned right next to me so we can safely “co-sleep”, meaning she feels me, and I can feel and see her.
4. The quality. This bedside sleeper is made from solid beechwood without any toxic wood glues, cheap fillers, plastics, or other harmful chemicals making it antibacterial + antistatic. What I also LOVE is that this company focuses on sustainability. For every tree used to build a bedside sleeper, they plant a new one!
I mentioned that I had Tommy and Luna help me put it together, but what I didn’t mention is that they are human forms of monkeys. Anything they can climb on, will be climbed on and this bassinet is no exception… and it easily withstands them.
I WILL say that when we first received our bedside sleeper the base had a fracture. I reached out to customer service and within 2 days, the new base was at my front door! SO easy, awesome customer service.
5. The aesthetics: Aside from finding a product that was safe and effective, finding something that is pleasing to the eye, that compliments my room and the calming and relaxing environment I created was really important, especially while striving to keep any postpartum anxiety under control. This bedside sleeper truly is sleek in appearance, beautifully crafted, and is timeless. We chose the Slate Gray Sleeper, but there are SO many options to choose from.
There truly is so much to love about this product, but I think the above 5 reasons really highlights our favorite things. I cannot be sure that we are “done” having babies, but I am 100% sure that this bedside sleeper is the best thing we could have invested in and know it will be something we use for years and years to come.
If you have questions feel free to drop them below and I will do my absolute best to give you my most sincere and honest answer.
Check out babybay® Bedside Sleeper here, and if you decide to purchase, mention Nearly Nested at checkout for a set of my favorite jersey crib sheets for FREE!
Big hugs & belly rubs from this mama to you.